Saturday, July 19, 2008

in desperate need of an intervention...

Nordstrom is having their Anniversary Sale. Oh dear God. Someone help me. Someone please take away my credit cards...and make sure that all Nordies staff get the memo that I am NOT allowed to look up my account information!

I've been reading PF blogs for quite some time now, and even started this blog awhile ago...but I never posted b/c I never felt like I NEEDED to. I'm been really strict with myself....there's been no shopping or extravagant spending. Why reach out for help when I was perfectly fine?

Then friends started linking me to items on sales at Nordies...they started inviting me to go shop with them. Hello?!?! Linking me to items on sale, items that I've been obsessing over for MONTHS...that's just CRUEL! It's like waving a plateful of FRESH BAKED chocolate cookies in front of someone on a diet....imagining what would my feet would look like in those AMAZING black patent flats with the silver buckle...i could practically smell the chocolate.

I caved. 6 pairs of shoes, five shirts, 4 coats/sweaters, 1 pair of shorts and a Marc Jacobs tote later, and now my shopping hiatus has turned into a fullout shopping binge..And the weekend (not to mention the sales) is far from over. One pair of Gucci sunglasses and a Marc Jacobs wallet are still calling out to me!

/sigh

I'm in desperate need of shopping REHAB.

No comments: