Sunday, July 20, 2008

The madness must stop

As you may have guessed by the previous post, I was a slave to fashion this weekend. Way too much money was spent towards clothing, shoes and other various accessories, all in the name of Nordstrom's Anniversary Sale.

And for what? All in the name of getting Nordstrom Rewards certificates. Stupid double rewards points weekend! I'm such a sucker. I totally fell into the trap of NEEDING to charge items, simply to qualify for my measly $20 worth of certificates. Nearly $1000 spent, for $20 back? I am clearly out of my mind, and will need to get off my personal finance soap box.

I spend countless hours every week, balancing out my budget, and just trying to make the money stretch between paychecks.

A lot of time will have to be spent evaluating my spending habits. I can't do anything about this weekend (well realistically, I could return stuff...but we all know that my love for quality items + my recent 30 pound weight loss will prevent me from doing so), so change is going to happen from this point forward!

First things first...give the BF my credit cards to hide...and stick to it! I did this a few months ago, and managed to get quite a bit of my debt down. Obviously I somehow managed to convince him to give them back...hmm. OK scratch that. First things first, give the BF my credit cards and make him promise not to be such a pushover about it!

Financial To Do List for this week :
  • Hide CC
  • Calculate amount of CC Debt =(
  • Contact at least 2 CC companies and try to get APR lowered!
  • Set monthly debt reduction goals

No comments: